Configuration Clause, XST

Hello,

has anybody ever used the configuration clause in designs synthesized with XST?

I have a top-module that hides another moduleX (with a component module_component) that contains a clause like

for all : module_component use entity work.module_1(implementation);

in the declarative part of the architecture. Module_component implements the functionality of moduleX.

After synthesizing module_1 ... module_n the synthesis of top-module generates a black box for moduleX. When I change the clause to use another module_n for module_component XST doesn't recognize that change. (I run the incremental design flow where changes are indicated by a refresh of the design in low level synthesis)

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Christian

Reply to
Christian Haase