Lattice high end FPGAs to be announced soon

Hi all

Lattice is close to have some of the new FPGA products to be announced some of them in the next few weeks time (probably at embedded in Nurnberg already) no details known but something in the range of Virtex-4 is coming (on high speed SERDES there are no immediate plans for support over 6Gbit)

MachXO is now all family in production, to my surprise (or maybe I had forgotten) the full MacXO family is available in super compact 0.5mm pitch BGA 8 by 8 mm

thats really neat, 8by8mm (only 1m larger then the CSP48 !), single supply

1.8 - 3.3 up to 2 PLL and 3 BRAMs, distributed RAM, and fabric faster than the LatticeXP

also coming are are sub 3 (and even sub 2) USD low cost small package versions of the power supply monitor and supervisory circuits

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Wow ... totally cool. This market is going to have lots of viable players soon :)

Reply to
fpga_toys

These needed to come down in price - at the silly prices they were, they were never going to hit mass support - just the odd VHDL designer who was unable to get a small uC and a couple of FETs to do the same thing. The newest tiny system uC, like the Tiny2313, newest ST7 lite, and Atmel LP216, are all in the 80c region, and you keep getting more for your 80-90c....

All Lattice needs now, is to work out how to turn a profit :)

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

yes you right, the power managers (PawerManager II - 7USD) are too expeensive so thats why they have planned products priced below 2 USD for that market. well lets see if they actually come, hum but I dont think the lattice powermanaers will drop below 1 USD in price so they can miss the bottom high volume market again,

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats