Cypress FX2 on an FPGA board, Basic Questions

Hello all,

I have very basic questions about the FX2.

My FX2 is embedded onto an FPGA expansion board and the only pins accessible from FPGA are the FIFO interface pins. So I can write a state machine to do the reading and writing from the FIFO using the external master and provide an external clock through the FPGA board (as suggests the TRM), but I have a few basic questions about configuration, FIFO, transfer rates, and modes.

I have used a windriver application to create an *.inf file and hence the device is recognized correctly, I can also access the chip using the console application generated.

  1. How can I change the IFCONFIG register to set the I/O ports to slave FIFO mode? Or as such how can I access the SFRs of the FX2, if it is soldered onto the board and I cannot burn custom application into it? Can I reprogram the FX2 or its FSRs with USB connection?

  1. Another question is about the transfer rates. I want to transfer audio data over the USB and hence I have decided on the default alternate setting 3 (endpoint 2 and 6 double buffered, iso in/out), but if I transfer a frame of 512 bytes isochronously every 125 us in High Speed mode how can I end up with transfer rates as high as 56MB/s? Can someone help out with the maths?

  2. How can I change device configuration to switch operation from Full Speed to High Speed mode?

Thanks in advance

Makhan

Reply to
Makhan