http://www.srisc.com ?

Ok, so a link to these people came across my mail box today. and its supposedly a Open Source 64bit sparc core..

Anyone that has seen this before want to comment?

Oh, and the little piece of hardware they show on their pages, anyone know what that is and where it came from?

Reply to
ziggy

"ziggy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@news.isp.giganews.com...

yes it s OpenSparc

I tried with ISE but only got portability error, so you possible need synplify if targetting Xilinx

the piece of hardware pictured is ir-relavant, it is I think what the authors think a picture of something that is understood as hardware

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

That is what i thought, but with a lot of wackos out there you never know.

On the hardware, shoot, i was hoping it was some new really inexpensive deve board or something.

Reply to
ziggy

Any idea at what FPGA class this design is targeted? Anything available PQ208 package?

Uwe Bonnes

Uwe Bonnes schrieb:

Hi Uwe,

as ISE crashed so far I dotn have any reports, but from my thumb guess I would say you need at least as much as for LEON3 or more. LEON3 can be fit to S3-400, but for real work s3-1000 or larger is recommended so the same applieas to srisc as well. meaning there are no suitable Xilinx FPGAs in non-BGA to answer your question.

I think biggest non-BGA packaged RAM FPGA would be some Cyclone in PQ240 and biggest non-BGA if non volatile are counted is Actel, I think they offer all FPGA also the largest in PQ208.

It would be nice of course if Lattice XP2 would have large non-BGA devices, but that info want be available until Q4

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Uwe

We should have our Darnaw1 and Craignell1/2 products on release soon to offer easy prototype of Spartan-3E parts all the way up to XC3S1600E. Final check of them is on my current list of things to be done.

John Adair Enterpo> Antti Lukats wrote:

Reply to
John Adair

Being former employees of ST Microeletronics and from the size of the device, and the number of EPROM/RAM sockets I would hazard a guess that it is a INMOS (give credit where credit is due) transputer, T801 but not the standard TRAM module. Any body from the transputer recognize it?

Derek

ziggy wrote:

Reply to
Derek Simmons