How could the 'Serial write time out' happen

I implemented an algorithm into fpga board. I wrote the Matrix data to FPGA board from Matlab and the result came back. I was using a loop to execute the operation many times. It can operate normally for some times, but in the end it stopped with the error in the line : fwrite(sx,datafile,'int8'); and the error messege showed : serial.fwrite A timeout occurred during the write operation. How could it happen? How could it execute some trials but happen time out error at some time?

Reply to
ZHI

Are you using handshaking for flow control?

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Reply to
ZHI

Maybe it timed-out because the receiver would not accept any more data.

Reply to
Andrew Holme