GUI Based vs. Manual Instantiation of Components

Hello,

I'm just curious whether people have preference when instantiating complex modules (i.e. modules with lots of parameters). Do most of you use GUI tools provided by the vendors to generate the modules, or do you simply code it yourself? Thanks.

Reply to
Martin

For the mildly complex items, I'll often use the libraries template to code what I need.

Sometimes an excerpt straight from the unisims.v file for the Synplify synthesis is simple enough.

Occasionally I use the gui but take the generated code for cut & paste to get all the parameters.

Almost never did I take a generated modules and include it as the black box element as it was ready to be used.

But then I still code my UCFs by hand.

Reply to
John_H