Gowin Semiconductor, Real or Fake?

series.

in the form it tells me I haven't filled in everything. Their chat is dow n. I give up.

Curses ! I was hoping it was just me.

I'm starting to wonder if they are a real company or not...

I recall looking at the RISC-V products a while back and I think they have a combined part FPGA/MCU (the holy grail for me). I don't recall if they h ad suitable packages for my needs though. Or maybe I just wasn't satisfied with the tools?? Just can't recall. I seem to recall everything I got abo ut the parts actually came from a source other than their web site. Is ano ther company involved in distributing or marketing this company's devices?

They almost seem to be selling swampland in Florida.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Now I think I am remembering the AG6K and AG10K from AGM, who's parts are a lso mostly discontinued.

Here is an interesting MCU/FPGA from their web site.

I believe when I dug around I found AGM was connected to another company in an unclear manner, maybe it was Gowin, can't remember. It may have been A nlogic, or maybe that's the 'A' in AGM... lol

Here is an excerpt from a two year old press release...

"AGM has independent intellectual property rights in software and circuits. In terms of products, it is currently compatible with mainstream manufactu rers and the software and hardware ecology is unchanged. The internal inter face of the chip is compatible with mainstream manufacturers, and the PCB b oard level can be directly replaced and compiled with AGM software. Import programming. AGM currently supplies devices that can be directly replaced: ? CPLD series for ALTERA MAX II series, including EPM240T100, EPM57

0T144, EPM570T100; ? Mini1K series 1K (QFN48), providing cost-sensi tive design solutions for LATTICE iCE series; ? low-end FPGA SoC Se ries for ALTERA Cyclone-IV EP4CE6, EP4CE10, EP4CE22; ? High-end FPG A SoC series BlueWind for the Xilinx Virtex series."

This seems to be saying they are legally supplying copies of other company' s chips including Lattice, Altera (Intel) and Xilinx. I also found a news article with an interesting leadin.

hape-2017-10/

I didn't know any of this was banned or restricted.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

lasselangwadtchristensen

I managed to install Gowin EDA on Linux ( Gentoo) - both versions - Windoiws ( it seems to start under Wine) and Linux version.

Haven't tried to work with Win version yet.

I've got Linux version to start, but it Synplify Pro part stubbornly refuses to recognise license file...

BTW, they've just announced first FPGA with a friggin Bluetooth stack...

Reply to
Brane2

iws ( it seems to start under Wine) and Linux version.

ses to recognise license file...

And an ARC processor. Seems it has been around a while and is not a red he aded step child, but has been used quite a bit. I've just never heard of i t.

They seem to provide packages that are useful and not BGAs, so that's a big plus for me. But if I can't get data sheets and can't get parts, it's a n o-go for sure.

When simple things get complex my frustration drives all knowledge out of m y mind. Right now I just rediscovered that the GW1N is a family, not a par t size and they have up to 9000 LUT4s in an 88 pin, QFN package. Edge sell s the 4608LUT4 QFN88 (GW1NR-LV4QN88C5) for under $4.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

I think I cracked the code. I was at this page and tried to download the tools. That took me to a signup page and that seemed to work. It is not real clear that it worked, but it seems to have. :)

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Yeah, forgot to warn you.

You have to register adn login first.

Also, even after that downloads happen to fail.

It helps to start them by clicking the same link some time after that ( about a minute later).

I still haven't cracked the Synario licence.

I think I've stumbled over some document describing manual tweaking of the licence needed, but can't find it now...

Reply to
Brane2