Foundation 1.3/XactStep 6 dongles and licensing

I need to generate a programming file for an older XC7300 series chip using an existing Abel and/or PLD file. As far I know, only XactStep 6 and Foundation 1.3 supported those chips as Foundation 1.4 doesn't have options for them any more. I have hardware dongles for the software but no license file so a couple of questions :).

1) Do the hardware dongles still require a LICENSE.DAT file? I know those are impossible to get any longer so I was hoping the hardware dongle would be all I need. 2) Does the dongle need to be in place before the software is installed or can it be inserted after? 3) Is there a way to see what feature set the dongle is used for? I have several of them and not sure which one to use. Thanks for any help.
Reply to
robert