FF1152 Development board....

Hi guys, Currently in my experiments I'm using an FF1152 Development Board originally by Memec. The FPGA chip on the board is XC2VP20 and the board is Revision 3. If any of you guys have worked with this board I'd be very thankful if you could advise me how I can solve the following problem that I have:

I'm trying to measure the power of the FPGA chip and I know that the

1.5V power supply feeds just FPGA chip (At least this is my impression from the data sheet). So if I can measure the current on that supplier I should logically be able to measure the power. On the board there are two sets of pins besides which it has written CURRENT MEASURE on the board. One set of the pins which are connected with a jumper is JP39 and JP12, and JP14 which doesn't have a jumper and it has written SHUTDOWN next to it on the board. Exactly the same thing is for pins JP38 and JP7 and JP8 respectively. In the data sheet of the board I could find nothing related to these pins or if they are related to what I want to do which is measuring the current on power supply of the chip. So could you please let me know how I can measure the power of the chip?

I have another question too. Is there any way for me to measure the power of the external memory? Actually I'm just interested to measure the power of FPGA chip and External Memory not other peripherals on the board. Do you know any solution for that?

I really appreciate your response and thank you beforehand,

Amir

Reply to
Xesium