encryption

"Symon" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:43d7a88d$0$15784$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk...

you can - but doing that with an PLD isnt something I call simple ;)

--
Antti Lukats
http://www.xilant.com

OK, I understand! And I agree. :-) Cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

processing.

Hi Jan,

I don't understand these personal attacks. What did I do to you? As for your "no knowledge" comment, my body of work in a number of fields (incl. signal processing) speaks for itself and needs no defending.

Have you considered switching to decaf?

Regards, Allan

Reply to
allanherriman

If you digitize voice at a constant bit rate, any reasonable encryption algorithm with feedback (not ECB mode) will make it impossible to determine that the encrypted data is voice (vs. something else of the same bit rate) unless the attacker has the key or can break the cryptosystem.

Single DES (56-bit keey) is not sufficient only because a brute-force key seach is possible. AES, triple DES, or many other algorithms would be suitable. Personally, I would use triple DES, as DES has withstood much more cryptanalysis than has yet been applied to AES.

The real problem with secure voice communication is not the encryption per se; for practical purposes that is a solved problem. The major difficulty is key distribution; if you don't do that well, the system will be susceptible to man-in-the-middle attacks.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Smith

You know, there's just not enough talk about cricket on comp.arch.fpga.

Perhaps a new group - comp.arch.fpga.cricket?

John (who travels past the 'Gabba every day on the way to work...)

Reply to
John Williams

I'm not sure I'd get to work too often if I had that route to travel. Is the Gabba WiFi'd? As for comp.arch.fpga.cricket , I notice a lot of discussion on here about stuff like metastability in asynchronous fifos, running Linux on FPGA processors, EULAs/IP litigation. If we can't grasp simple concepts like that, I'm not sure we're ready to step up to the complexity of the LBW laws just yet. Cheers mate, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

I walk out my front door and I look at the MCG.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

When the rain doesn't obscure it.... :-)

Reply to
Peter K.

All you need is "Bluff your way in Cricket" ISBN 1-85304-045-2

Philip LBW Freidin

Reply to
Philip Freidin