EDK (XPS) - Path problem causing "Generate Libraries and BSPs" to fail...

Hi,

I'm using EDK/XPS 9.1.02J on Windows XP. I'm working my way through a through the document tutorial "EDK Concepts, Tools, and Techniques".

I seem to have come to a problem when attempting to "Generate Libraries and BSPs". My project path has spaces in it, eg. "C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\MyProject".

When the make process gets to the "Running CopyFiles" stage, it fails because it is falling over the spaces in the path. An example of an error from the console:

"cp: target 'Documents\MyProject/microblaze_0/libsrc/standalone_v1_00_a/' is not a directory: No such file or directory"

Is there any way of trying to fool EDK into using the DOS8.3 equivalent path names? It was complaining about the ISE/EDK location during installation (as it's installed in "C:\Program Files") and so I specified "C:\Progra~1" which worked. I tried modifying the system_incl.make file, but only later realised that it is a generated file...

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I realise that this problem will disappear if I just use a path with no spaces, but I'm sure there is a workaround for this.

Thanks again, PretzelX.

Reply to
PretzelX