EDK 8.1i : add port for component

Hi, I am using EDK 8.1i. I am trying add a port into a component. I know how to do it on EDK 6.3i but I don't know how to do it on EDK 8.1i. Exactly is add the port OPB_CLK on the OPB_GPIO. Thank you so much. Thang Nguyen

Reply to
Thang Nguyen

Hi,

I tried to use the Add External Port button on the toolbar but it does not work. Should I add the port manually?

Thanks,

Thang Nguyen

Reply to
Thang Nguyen

Hi,

Actually I don't think that the button Add External Port is the command to add a port to an IP. After looking in MPD file, I find the port OPB_CLK already, but I don't understand why it is not displayed in the Port Tab of EDK?

Thank you,

Thang Nguyen

Reply to
Thang Nguyen

Hi,

In the EDK 6.3i, there is the parameter tab to change the parameter of the IP, but I can not find it in the EDK 8.1i. I try to find the .MPD file to change it manually, but I can not find it in the project. Form EDK I can right click to view MPD file, but I can not change it's content.

About the add the port, the OPB_CLK actually already exit in the MPD and VHDL. I modified in the .MHS file and when I open the project again, I can see the port OPB_Clk.

Anyone can give me any idea about how to find .MPD, and how to modified it?

THank you,

Thang Nguyen

Reply to
Thang Nguyen