does V2p support tristate

Hi, I am trying to create a large bus(32 bits wide), with many slaves recieving and sending data. Should I look for tristates on my V2pro or giant MUX or any other suggestion anyone has?

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matthew E Rosenthal

Consider that the Virtex-II Pro has a wide mux structure available to implement 32 input multiplexers through "one" stage of logic using the dedicated multiplexing elements up through MUXF8. If you have more than 32 inputs, you can go for more than one of these in series *or* use the Sum Of Products logic outlined in the Virtex-II Pro Platform FPGA User Guide to have the familiar-looking horizontal segmenting. I would only expect someone to use the SOP logic for some extremely wide muxing since it may take some hand-coding. Your synthesizer might even optimize this for you, specified as a mux *or* tristates! Bottom line, you can go very wide and have great access times.

Reply to
John_H