Craignell FPGA DIP Module

Craignell user manual is now available

We also have UCF file available for the CR40 and the other sizes to follow shortly.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd.

Reply to
John Adair

available

Very interesting. What do you mean by:

Craignell is currently available in 4 pinout sizes - 28 pins, 32 pins,

36 pins and 36 pins.

When is 36 pins not 36 pins ?

Reply to
Gabor

When it's a typo for 40, I think. C'mon, give the guy a break - we all make tripyng mshtks.

-- Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * e * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Project Services

Doulos Ltd., 22 Market Place, Ringwood, BH24 1AW, UK snipped-for-privacy@MYCOMPANY.com

The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.

Reply to
Jonathan Bromley

Thanks guys, I think we are suffering from too many new things in the engine at once.

I have had an updated posted. Pinouts for the CR28, CR32 and CR36 now also included as well. New link

ue_1_01.pdf.

John Adair Enterpo> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:12:45 -0800 (PST),

Reply to
John Adair

I was sent this (no references for the alleged Cantab research):

Olny srmat poelpe can raed this. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in what oredr the ltteers in a word are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is that the first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?! Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Reply to
Tim (one of many)

That is pretty amazing. I've seen the same exercise done in German, with much less success, because many of the words are large concatenated compound nouns. When the brain comes across such a large word, such as Ernaehrungswissenschaftlerin (an actual word I encountered in an article today) it's much more difficult to process than were it broken down into the hyphenated noun Ernaehrungs-Wissenschaftlerin. I think it's similar to the concept that the brain can instantly process the number of dots in an image if the number of dots is up to eight or so, but for larger amounts one has to actually count them out.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Neilson

See:

"The Magical Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two: Some Limits on Our Capacity for Processing Information"

by George A. Miller The Psychological Review, 1956, vol. 63, pp. 81-97

G.

Reply to
Gavin Scott