Cheapest FPGA board to study VHDL on

Sorry I rained on your parade. Trial and error synthesis using a logic analyzer works also. I guess I spent too many years hooking up those little clip leads and waiting for a trigger.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

BINGO!!!

Id like to start there ... after I have gained some experience, I can buy a more more expensive FPGA board with larger resources

Thanks

I like to put equal time in reading/research as I do in "lab work".

Theres a certain joy and "ahah" factor that comes from seeing the results in front of you.

priceless!

Reply to
samiam

Not only are HP16xxx logic analyzers cheap on eBay these days, but making one out of an FPGA is yet another fun project.

Reply to
fpga_toys

Reply to
Avion

Anyone want mine?

it's real easy. The hard part is coming up with some nice host software!

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

Here is one for the Digilent/Xilinx S3 kit that comes with PC software:

Leon

Reply to
Leon

You may also want to check out a very extensive list of boards at:

=================== Philip Freidin snipped-for-privacy@fpga-faq.org Host for

Philip Freidin

I would have a peek at the MachXO (Lattice)

It's an FPGA CPLD crossover, and it's around 90 eur.

It's a small board with LED's, Switches, and a small prototyping area.

Martin.

Reply to
Marty D