Boot uClinux from RAM without flash

i. I'm trying to to put uClinux on my Spartan 3 Starter Board (it hasn't flash memory and it has only 1MB RAM). Finally I've made an uClinux < 1MB (986 KB :-P ). Now I've downloaded Microblaze on SP3 using XPS, but I want to know, do I need bootloader to startup uClinux from RAM? How to download image.bin on it and startup it? (I'm using XPS for Win XP).

Thanks

Reply to
Lancer

You can use XMD's "dow" command to download the Linux image into MicroBlaze memory, and then "con" to start the CPU.

e.g,

$ xmd

% connect mb mdm % rst % dow -data /tftpboot/image.bin 0x22000000 % con 0x22000000

using the correct paths and addresses, of course.

Regards,

John

Reply to
John Williams