Executing linux directly from flash

Hi folks,

I'm targeting uClinux for an evaluation board with 1Mb SRAM and 8MB
flash.  Since 1MB is not enough to run uClinux from I am looking at
executing the kernel directly from Flash.

Can this be done?  If so, are there any specific tricks to accomplish
this?  Better still a 'HOWTO'?

I've tried to accomplish this using a simple bootloader which
essentially does the following..

     kernel_start = (void_fn)FLASH_START_ADDRESS;
     kernel_start();

Any help or direction appreciated,

Thanks,
Vincent

Re: Executing linux directly from flash

Hmm, probably not relevant to your case, since I doubt your motherboard
has USB port and can boot off it.  But, I'm booting off USB key for my
thin-client.