Executing linux directly from flash

Hi folks,

I'm targeting uClinux for an evaluation board with 1Mb SRAM and 8MB flash. Since 1MB is not enough to run uClinux from I am looking at executing the kernel directly from Flash.

Can this be done? If so, are there any specific tricks to accomplish this? Better still a 'HOWTO'?

I've tried to accomplish this using a simple bootloader which essentially does the following..

kernel_start = (void_fn)FLASH_START_ADDRESS; kernel_start();

Any help or direction appreciated,

Thanks, Vincent

Reply to
vincent.carr

Hmm, probably not relevant to your case, since I doubt your motherboard has USB port and can boot off it. But, I'm booting off USB key for my thin-client.

--
William Park , Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell