Applicability of mult_style in XST.

=_NextPart_000_000F_01C463A5.FF6CF1A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi, there:=20

I have found that Xilinx synthesis directive "mult_style =3Dlut" can = only be=20 applied to either a reg/wire directly under a module, or applied to the=20 module itself.=20

A complicated design or module may contain multipliers wrapped in=20 a task or function, in which situation I may or may not define a = wire/reg.=20 I have discovered that mult_style didn't work in either a function or a = task.=20

The use of mult_style on the module itself applies to ALL the multiplers =

in the module irregardless of whether a multiplier is wrapped in a = function/ task or not.=20

so, how do I constrain "mult_style =3Dlut" on my multiplier in a = function/task=20 statement while leave my bare multipliers to BLOCK alone?=20

Thanks.=20

Kelvin

Reply to
kelvin_xq