An FPGA startup is seeking testcase from potential customers

Hello,

Silicon Blue Technologies is an FPGA startup located in Sunnyvale CA. The FPGA product it is developing has ultra low power consumption and is targeted to low power applications.

The company is seeking some commercial designs in the form of Verilog and/or VHDL designs to test its software and FPGA architecture.

Please provide your input if you are interested in the product or have testcases which can be useful to test both FPGA hardware and software capabilities.

Thank you.

Silicon Blue Technologies

siliconbluetechnology

This is a little light on information. No mention of size/pincount of the FPGAs, so no one knows if their app is too small, or too large.

There are plenty of Open Source designs out there, so why not grab a USB core, an Ethernet core, and a 32 Bit uC core (Mico32?), and then run up a power prediction on that and compare it with both other RAM FPGAs, and also devices like Atmel's Mid-volume CAP7/CAP9 series, and higher volume Microcontrollers.

I did see this news : ["QuickLogic Corp. is backing away from the FPGA market, saying it will instead focus on an ASSP-like sector called customer specific standard products (CSSPs)"]

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

The company is seeking some designs in the range of 100 k gates and

200 I/Os
Reply to
siliconbluetechnology

We release our designs in FPGAs. So all our logic resource usage is in form of LE/LC count. Low power sounds very appealing. Can you provide any more info on the devices, etc?

Reply to
fpgabuilder

Hi,

While low-power FPGAs are extremely interesting and there definetely is market opportunity there, it's not the most convincing start to go and ask example applications from the newsgroups...

Having said that, you can always start by beating AudioDE

-Doug

Reply to
j.d.morrison