choosing an fpga board

Hi all! I'm starting a PhD project in the field of design of SoC systems on FPGA. I would like to buy an FPGA board with the following features:

-Sufficient FPGA for small to middle SoCs (OpenCores based cores: OR1200+Sound+LCD/VGA+USB+UART+Custom cores)

-Sufficient input/output units (USB/PS2/VGA/LCD).

-Ressources for testing. for minimizing the use of lab equipments =>

this card will be for use at home.

-Sufficient Flash+RAM.

All the variants are welcome.

Another requirement ... I will have to work with the jbits system (for partial reconfiguration) ... are there any requirements for FPGA boards ??

Thanks !

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

I forgot to say that I'm interested by Virtex/VirtexII based boards.

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

virtex2pro takes cf cards and uses standard computer ddr ram
board can output xsga(1600 by 1200) , ethernet , sata , audio (ac97), etc has a usb2 port for programming

Should also take a look at

Our xupv2pro board finally got ordered today(hopefully). Looking forward to getting to use it.

Can run linux or uclinux on the board.

For uclinux

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

I'll work on OpenRisc based systems ... the VII pro is not adequate.

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

I'll work on OpenRisc based systems ... the VII pro is not adequate. Thanks !

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

Well, have you had a search for boards on ?

Maybe look at

work out minimum size fpga you need and look for a board with that.

Not going to be cheap.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

On the xilinx's site I get 0 results when browsing the section of boards :( Any other propositions ?

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

You can find an extremely uptodate list at:

Philip

=================== Philip Freidin snipped-for-privacy@fpga-faq.org Host for

Philip Freidin

Ok ... this was a momentrly problem (perhaps they were updating some server ... I got in .... but too expensive for me ... the problem is that I don't have access to any Xilinx University Program :( because our university is not a subscriber :(:(:(

Reply to
GaLaKtIkUs™

Well join yourself.

Contact xilinx and see what you need to do, its well worth it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson