Altera Flex10K support ?

Hi I have found old parts lying around in the lab and I could put them to good use. Alas, they are not supported by Quartus any more. Do you know which version of the tool I should get (and where I could get it, if Altera doesn't provide it) ?

Thanks Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Matringe

Quartus V9.1 sp2 (the last sensible version before the excellent internal simulator was dropped) supports Flex10k.

Should still be available on Altera website.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Emmup

Le 17/08/2011 21:18, Phil Emmup a écrit :

Thanks a lot. I finally found the old version page on Altera website.

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Matringe

ernal

Note, Altera often supports parts long after they stop showing up in the device selection panel. I have a board with somewhat rare Flex10K100 on it (specifically, a 10K100GC503-3), that quit showing up in the drop downs a very long time ago. The original design was done in MaxPlusII!

I have to manually edit the QSF with the specific part number to get it to work. However, if you get the part number exactly right, Quartus will set everything else up for you. Even the pin mapper works correctly.

It's as if Altera doesn't want to advertise support for these older parts, but keeps it anyway. This may not apply to the Flex10K for current versions, but as a general rule, Altera (and Xilinx) often support obsolete parts this way.

Reply to
radarman

nal

Hi It was actually V9.0, as stated in this 9.1 note

Nicolas

Reply to
nmatringe
[...]

The thing is that since I'll be working on a new design (and I haven't used these parts for years, and I changed company since) I don't have any QSF example. I'll work with Quartus v9.0 at first and see if I can migrate the design to a more recent version.

Maybe they don't want too much advertising to avoid getting requests for the parts they don't supply anymore.

Thanks for the tip Nicolas

Reply to
nmatringe