Actel APA1000 and JTAG

Hi all, We are trying to programme a FLASH memory linked to a APA1000. However, we have a data-blaster that should programme the FLASH quickly, providing we can drive the write signal from teh APA to a high imedance state via the JTAG port.

It seems we're having trouble doing this. Is it possible to force/ drive a particular pin to 'Z' via JTAG?

The data-blaster write is driven through a buffer which is enabled only when the appropriate APA pin is driven to a '1' rather than '0', but the buffer o/p conflicts with the APA write signal unless we can tri-state that.

TIA, Niv.

Reply to
Niv

always check the BSDL Files !!!

"HIGHZ (00000111), "&

Antti Lukats prelim docu about actel undoc

Antti

You can use boundary-scan software for this purpose. I would recommend Scanseer

Put chip in EXTEST state and force any pin to any value you want.

Reply to
SKatsyuba