About Altera FPGA Board

There are three sets of holes for accessing signal I/O pins on the altera fpga board ...they are flex_expan_A,B and C on the Altera FPGA board. I don't understand the table that shows all the hole number and the signal/pin connection in flex_expan_A, can anyone explain about that? Thank you very much!! Laura

Reply to
laura_pretty05

Hi Laura,

Could you please post the product id or name and manufacturer of the board you are using? There are a lot of Altera FPGA boards floating around.

Regards,

Paul Leventis Altera Corp.

Reply to
Paul Leventis

Hi Laura,

Could you please post the product id or name and manufacturer of the board you are using? There are a lot of Altera FPGA boards floating around.

Regards,

Paul Leventis Altera Corp.

Reply to
Paul Leventis

Hi Paul Leventis, My Altera FPGA boards is UP2 development kit-programmable logic for education, with MAX EPM7128S &FLEX 10K EPF10K70 devices. Thanks!! Laura

Paul Leventis =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
laura_pretty05

Look at the board: there all pins of the FLEX_EXPAN_X pin rows are numbered. (Only the numbers for pin 1,2 and 59,60 are printed. This is the one row on the FLEX_EXPAN_X tables. The other row gives the internal pin number of the FDGA. If you make pin assignments, this internal pin number has to be used.

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Hildebrandt

Ralf, I mean how can I connect the sensor to the FPGA board, how to connect the pin on FPGA board? Thanks. Laura

Ralf Hildebrandt =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
laura_pretty05

(I am not shure, if I understand you right.) Most UP2 Education Boards are shipped with no pins at the FLEX_EXPAN_X connectors. You have to solder some by yourself.

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Hildebrandt

Ralf, I want to know how can i connect this to PCB? Laura

Ralf Hildebrandt =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
laura_pretty05

I again do not understand you well. If you just write one unclear sentence there are a lot of possible alternatives.

Do you mean pin assignments from the FPGA to the I/O pins at FLEX_EXPAN_X? Use your synthesis tool. There must be an option, that is called "pin assignments" (or similar). MaxPlus+ generates an acf-file, where you may edit the pin assignments with a text editor. Or otherwise search the menu. There is always a manual for the synthesis tool.

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Hildebrandt

i mean that pin assignments from the FPGA to the I/O pins at FLEX_EXPAN_X.

Reply to
laura_pretty05

You again don't tell us, what synthesis tool you use. Do you expect any useful information about pin assignments without this information?

How to make pin assignments is described in the manual of your synthesis tool. Often is is self-explaining - just search the menu of the GUI of your synthesis tool.

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Hildebrandt