WTD: Heath 10D-203-3 Oscilloscope schematics

...and troubleshooting guide if it exists. A Google Groups search and internet search yielded nothing. I've got a 'silly scope here with a missing fuse and ALL wires cut going from the line cord/fuse holdercircuit boards. The wires were cut 1/4" down, so I can still make out the colouring on the insulators. Still, they do not match up totally and there are more leads from the circuit boards than there are on the fuse assembly. As she sits now, she's little more than a semi-pretty decoration :-( This is the Bell+Howell Schools version, made by Heathkit it 1984. That much I was able to ascertain.

Please e-mail if you have any info and/or schematics. Thanks!!

Reply to
Frank Traut

Check this out, maybe the 10-10 is similar enough but I don't know that scope:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thank you. In my search, I saw that site. Not sure if 10-10 *is* similar enough either. Upon further inspection, I noticed 2 wires cut from the yoke of tube also.

Reply to
Frank Traut

Thank you. In my search, I saw that site. The 10-10 is definitely not similar enough as the 10D-203 as I saw symbols for tubes. Mine is a solid state unit. And upon further inspection, I noticed 2 wires cut from the yoke of tube also :-( So, 4 snipped by the AC input line, 8 snipped from a PCB and 2 (or one cut in half) on the tube. There may be a capacitor missing as well (not sure if one is supposed to be there or not).

I'm sure there is a short or bad component somewhere, so even after wiring this thing properly, will still have to troubleshoot it. All components look good cosmetically though. No obvious fried signs. Can test for bad diodes easily enough though, once I have a better idea of how to get power to this thing.

Reply to
Frank Traut