VB6: Agilent 34970A with Module 34901A, Why measuring so slow?

Hello,

I'm using the Agilent 34970A with module 34901A using the hardware Alarm signals from the external 'RS232' connector to directly control some hardware.

When using MEAS, to measure 4 temperature sensors, this command will use the scanlist scan which will clear the Alarm signals.

To avoid clearing Alarm signals I thought bypassing the scanlist scan by MONITORING the sensors one by one and then reading the monitor values.

Somewhat cryptic:

"ROUT:MON:STAT ON"

'---read-sensor-1---

"ROUT:SCAN (@101)" "ROUT:MON (@101)" "ROUT:MON:DATA?" ShowMonitoredValue(@101)

'---read-sensor-2---

"ROUT:SCAN (@102)" "ROUT:MON (@102)" "ROUT:MON:DATA?" ShowMonitoredValue(@102)

etc.

Now EACH single measurement takes about one second. Is there a way to speed up the measurement time? As when using a scanlist, measurement of ALL 4 sensors is executed within one second.

Regards,

Henk

Reply to
Henk van Winkoop