Tektronix 533a scope info

I just inherited a Tektronix 533 oscilloscope and it's cart. I don't know if it works but it looks to be in pretty good shape. I know it is pretty old and has been stored in a garage... no clue if it works or not. I am guessing from the looks of it though that someone may be interested in it.

Does anybody have a hint as to what it is worth? Any interested parties?

Thanks

Reply to
Carlyle

I think the cart, if its a real Tek cart, is worth more than the scope. What plug-in does the scope have?

Reply to
A E

Ya the cart is nice (it is a tektronix cart) and I was thinking about using it for something else... mobile digital recording station, or something. The plug in for the scope is the old detachable kind. Meaning there is no cord hanging from the scope until you plug it in.. it's 3 prong.. kinda looks like you have to turn it cause the spades are notched or L shaped. I haven't plugged it in. I don't know what else to tell you. Thanks for the response. Oh ya there are 2 probes with it too.

Reply to
Carlyle

There were dozens of different plug-ins made for those scopes. The name is usually in big letters on top of the unit. Do some Google Fu. Is the scope a brown box or a blue box with rounded corners?

Due to the unit's weight and age, few people will take it as their bench scope. It's too bad, those old beasts are great scopes. But I wouldn't give one to a newbie.

Reply to
A E