Tek 2467B single-sweep

Hello. When I press single-sweep on my 2467B, the scale illumination glows briefly, then the sweep occurs, then the readout flashes briefly, then the scale illumination glows for one second, then I can press single-sweep again. That's a slow cycle. I understand all those actions except the second illumination. What's its purpose, and can I disable it somehow? Thanks!

Reply to
Gammaburst