TDS 2002 psu noise

Hi all,

I have a Tektronix TDS 2002, and it has a great issue: it is noisy.

Its psu (switched-mode PSU) is very noisy, and radiates a 44 kHz signal that contaminates DUT (dispositive under test).

I hope that Tektronix fixes this nasty problem.

regards,

luis.

Reply to
luismc60

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Did you send them a letter or email? Or have it checked at a TEK service center?

Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim,

Yes, i do.

I went to Livingstone technical service, and they told me that is an issue that ALL TDA2002 suffer, and they don't fixes that. My scope is under warranty and Livingstone don't repair it.

Livingstone technical service was capable of found the same failure I saw, follwing my instructions on how to measure and seeing it, but they don't repair it because the same failure was saw in all scopes TDS2000 series they measured in their workshop.

amazing.

luis.

Jim Yanik ha escrito:

Reply to
luismc60

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Then you need to contact TEKTRONIX directly. Not a subsidiary,but the US factory.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik