Simpson 2785 Impedance Bridge

It followed me home from the Tulsa hamfest, made for Simpson by Metrawatt in Nurnberg, Germany July 1972. It's the first one I've ever seen. It's a bridge for measuring CLR and has 2 inputs on the back for plugging in an external source. I wonder how high the external source can be? Seems to be very well designed and laid out ergonomically It uses two Burgess D6 batteries in parallel, kind of strange to since they would be fighting each other. I put a pix up at abpr. Anyone have a manual or other info?

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

abpr isn't taking my pix but I'll send it to anyone who asks..

Henry Kolesnik

Henry Kolesnik wrote

I took a look at Google, but such "modern" equipment is hard to select if the manufacturer still exists (BBC Goertz Metrawatt) and many many traders are filling the WWW with the actual products.

This (your) "modern" equipment seems not to be "collectable" in the definition of "antique", and OEM products like yours does normally not find the way back to Germany. The products for the local market are mostly in use at home or at institutes with low budget (or little Suebian companies ;-) or scrapped if defective and no schematics are available at

, but there are no pictures, you must search for manufacturer and or model.

What I've found by chance: The founder of Metrawatt was Siegfried Guggenheimer. Take a look at abpr for a bridge from about 1912.

A universal bridge is designed for about 30V, maybe up to 50V ext source. Some only DC (for capacitors), others additionally AC (low frequency). TAKE CARE: THIS STATEMENT MUST NOT FIT TO YOUR BRIDGE!

No enlighting informations inside the bridge?

Kind Regards, Georg

Reply to
Georg Richter

I finally got a jpeg uploaded to apbr that I can see..

--

73 Hank WD5JFR
Reply to