Re: Need to clean inkjet heads on Epson 740

> >> I have an Epson 740 inkjet printer. >> >> After not using it for a while, I discovered that the inkjet nozzles >> were apparently clogged to the point where the "head cleaning routine" >> was of limited usefulness. > >A solvent for dye based inks is commonly used. Windex (Windolene UK) is a >window cleaning fluid which disperses encrusted or dried ink: Some of the >newer shower dispersant cleaners work equally well. >Firstly try a few drops on the docking sponge area which is where the heads >sit when parked. >Whipping out the mains plug in mid flight will expose this. >With a cotton bud introcude a few droplets on the piercing splines and the >sponge. >In real determined blockage cases - fill a spent cartridge with the solvent >(Household ammonia 10:1 works as well) and print a few windy pages . Letting >it sit overnight can also ease it further. >The so called cleaning cycle is really priming of ink through the feeder >tubes and seldom cleans.

..although it does actually try to actively suck ink out from the face of the head - there's a neat little peristaltic pump arrangement in there

Reply to
Mike Harrison

The Western World is despised by envious cretins who cannot, or will not, admit the benefits of concepts like sanitary water systems. Their faulty logic romanticizes the noble savage , wiping his ass with a stick and a pile of sand, and earning his progeny the reward of a 30-year life expectancy.

Ed wb6wsn

Reply to
Ed Price