Re: FOOTPRINT - HELP !!

Hi, I am currently designing a pcb using the eagle light edition. I wish to place a xilinx Spartan2 XC2S200 pq208 footprint on to my schematic. I cannot find such a footprint in any of the libraries placed on the download section of the eagle website or any related information on the xilinx website. Could you tell me where i would locate one or go about creating my own through the eagle light edition? I would be very grateful if you could help. Regards Barry

Reply to
Barry Greene

Now if you had the Idex WinBoard software, you could create it and either add it to one of the libraries, or make another library... I am surprised; you seem to imply that the Eagle software works. About 6 months or so ago, i tried it, and it was absolutely impossible to make it work. Of all of the demos and so-called freebies, the Idex package (of 4 tried) was the only one that not only worked as advertised, but it also was full featured. So they got my vote$.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hi, Thanks for your help, I've found that eagle works ok once you're careful although it has a nasty habit of not 'seeing' connections on the schematic, especially ground connections. Unfortunately I think I'll have to stick with eagle as it's the only pcb package we use here. Does anybody know where I could get a xilinx fpga library for eagle containing the spartan xc2s200 in a pq208 package Thanks _Barry

Reply to
Barry Greene