R&S SA infos

Hello,

I'm sorry for crossposting, but I need fast infos if available.

I've the opportunity to acquire for a good price a not so young Rohde&Schwartz spectrum analyzer :

Polarad 632C-1

Unfortunately, I can't find any infos about it, except I was told it's a

100KHz-1GHz one, and I've got pics of the front and rear panels. But still I find these infos somewhat meager.

Of course I've googled, tried R&S site and... not avail.

Any info here, advice from who used one...

Thanks,

Fred.

(fu to see)

Reply to
Fred Bartoli

"John Jardine" a écrit dans le message news: btvd2j$fl4$ snipped-for-privacy@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...

still

(there's

John, thanks for the info.

Did you used them ? Do you have any comments/feeling about the behaviour of the beast ? Comments like :

- freq stability (it's not synthetised, so who knows)

- phase noise (should be low enough as it displays a resolution BW down to

300Hz)

- dynamic range ...

After some more googling, it appears that the 6xx model numbers are from a firm called Polarad Electronics Corp that makes (made?) all sort of mwave stuff.

But the pics clearly show a R&S/polarad logo and model number 632C-1.

After a bit more of search I found 2 (only!) patents (1985&1986) at uspto that show the names R&S and Polarad associated. So there seems to have been a merge.

Fred.

Reply to
Fred Bartoli

Fred,

Try contacting Helmut Singer:

He may be able to help you with a manual.

(((73)))

--
Philip de Cadenet G4ZOW
Transmitters 'R' Us

G'day Fred. On my travels, the nearest I've come across, is the "632A-1" model (there's also 630-631-640-641 models). This SA is from the '600' series and is a

100kHz to 2GHz version with span from 500Hz to 200MHz per division and and a general good quality spec' (including digital memory). Price in 1978 was $8000. The 600 series models all seem to run upto the multi-gig area. Don't think though, that they're from 'R&S'. The circuit diagrams look remarkably as if they have been drawn by Tektronix people. regards john
Reply to
John Jardine

still

Probably too late now ... :-) Nearly bought one (in poor condition) at £100 a couple of years ago. Had chance to play with it and found it acceptable signal-wise but the construction quality indicated they were built down to a cost. Ended up buying an ex military Marconi unit. From the '631' manual, which probably shares many components with the 632 (I just love equipment manuals!) ...

Spans below 100kHz force a crystal phase lock to the first LO. (Quote from page, "high degree of stability and low residual sidebands") Drift when phase locked: +/5kHz in a 10 minute period. (fundamental mixing mode). Noise sidebands (1kHz BW) >65dbm below ref signal (50kHz away). Residual responses,

Reply to
John Jardine

"John Jardine" a écrit dans le message news: bu1qki$857$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

No, still 2 days left :-)

up

Thanks for the infos. I'm not in a hurry so I think I'll wait for another one.

Fred.

Reply to
Fred Bartoli