Oscilloscope control question?

I recently obtained a used oscilloscope that seems to be in good shape. It is a Kikusui COS6100M. I never heard of it either, but it looks like a Tektronix rip-off. There are two controls whose functions I do not understand.

There are two pairs of coaxial knobs associated with the A and B sweeps respectively. The small center knobs are for setting the triggering level for the A and B sweeps. I understand them. The outer ring knobs give me the trouble. The one associated with the A sweep is marked "HOLDOFF." The one associated with the B sweep is marked "TRACE SEP."

Just what are the functions for these knobs?

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

I have found answers for myself.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

aTektronixrip-off. There are two controls whose functions I do not

Holdoff sets the holdoff time for the A (main) timebase. Which means the trigger condition is ignored for a certain amount of time

Trace separation sets the horizontal separation of the trace produced by the A timebase sweep and the B timebase sweep. So you can see both sweeps same time on your scopes display.

Try to get a manual of the kikusui scope, function is explained there too in detail.

hth, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Tekman