Magnavox TV volume problem

I have an AC/DC Magnavox TV, model RK3955 AL02, manufactured Nov.

1989. It has a remote and pushbutton up/down volume with on screen display.

Even with the volume all the way to minimum, it's still quite loud. If I increase volume, it gets louder as expected. However, right at the mid point, it gets quieter, then increases again all the way to max. What could be causing this?

Reply to
Im anonymous

Corrupt Micro or bad Eprom..

kip