TECH: RS423 <-> RS232

Hi all!

I've got a PC and an old Acorn BBC computer, and I need to transfer some data from the beeb to the PC.

I know how to get each computer to send and receive, but the only sticking point I think is that the BEEB has an RS423 interface, while the PC is RS232. How do I connect these up, I presume there are voltage differences, and I can't just wire the RxD to TxD etc etc, do I need some sort of level translation hardware?

Any insight would help. Thanks. Yours, Mark.

Reply to
Mark (UK)