Magnavox stereo problem

I've got a fairly recent (maybe within ten years or so) Magnavox stereo. All that's wrong with it is no panel display. I have disassembled it, and ignoring my chagrin at being faced with such a poorly designed item, it appears that the problem is NOT lamps.

There are no lamps. It appears that all the displays are LEDs, which points to a power supply issue.

Does anyone have access to a diagram of a unit like this? It's a cube about 15 inches on a side, includes a turntable, CD player, and two cassette units (run from the same motor!), plus the usual AM FM radio with presets and a remote control.

I believe the model number is AH197.

Bob

has your service manual. Cheersssssss!!!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.
Reply to
DaveM

Thanks but all I want is the diagram. This guy wants sixteen bucks; I doubt the stereo is worth that much.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Definitely LEDs and not a VFD ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

The service information parts list shows the display lamp Part #

482213440965 for the AH197M NAP stereo. Are you sure you looked behind the display?
Reply to
dkuhajda

Well I will take another look. The display is soldered in. But there is plenty of space under it.

Further, there is an LED timer display that doesn't light.

Any chance you can scan the appropriate part of the diagram for me? It would make life a lot simpler. My troubleshooting skills are inhibited by lack of information.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Manual# 1735, approximately 1991 vintage.

Tuner/function display is an LCD with a 12V 150mA LAMP buried behind it soldered to the PC board. 4822 134 40965 probably NLA unless you find one collecting dust on someone's shelf, substitue anything that will fit with similar current/voltage rating.

CD display is LED's driven by the CD player's 5V supply, and should work as long as the CD works, barring wiring failure.

GL

Reply to
Bill S.