Low lux colour CMOS cameras?

Hi again,

Does anyone know of a miniature color PAL CMOS camera sensative to 1 Lux or less?

I have found very sensitive colour CCD cameras and fairly sensitive B&W CMOS cameras but no sensitive CMOS cameras.

Thanks in advance, Jack

Reply to
Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)

On a sunny day (Tue, 18 May 2004 17:43:57 +0100) it happened "Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)" wrote in :

CMOS cameras (or rather CMOS sensors) have a problem with low light.

One of the problems is the difference in gain of the pixel amps. On low light CMOS cameras display all pixels in a different brightness. This is a little compensated for by on chip calibration of the individual pixel amps. The other factor is exposure time. Increasing exposure time may help somewhat. Reason of all this is tolerances in the CMOS fabrication process IIRC. There are some papers on this on the web. JP

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

or

The Philips ToUCam II Pro webcam is specced at 1 Lux but it *doesn't* use a CMOS sensor. As others have said, CMOS does not work well at low light levels.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W