Re: Low lux colour CMOS cameras?

One more question:

Am I getting confused by the physics? In other words, if I have a white light source of, say, 1W, will this be detected with the same efficiency by both a 3lux colour camera and a 1lux B&W camera? I ask this because I now know that lux is a psychometric unit - it takes into account the efficiency with which the human eye sees different wavelengths.

See:

Thanks, Jack

Hi again, > > Does anyone know of a miniature color PAL CMOS camera sensative to 1 Lux

or

less? > > I have found very sensitive colour CCD cameras and fairly sensitive B&W

CMOS

cameras but no sensitive CMOS cameras. > > Thanks in advance, > Jack > >
Reply to
Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)

No. Broadly speaking, it'll be three times dimmer in the 3 lux camera. You need a camera several times more sensitive in order to have the same sensitivity when you convert it to a colour one by putting dyes above the pixels in various colours. The 1 lux camera may also be sensitive to infrared, which helps sensitivity, and does not have losses through dyes to contend with.

Reply to
Ian Stirling