Looking for DSO in 2000 Euros price range

Evnin'

Can someone recommend a good DSO in the price range of 2000 Euros? Problem is that several models offer same functionality and sample rates of 1GS/sec...but there is hardly a chance to be able to test all those different models before buying one...

Any feedback from you in the every day life?

cheers rick

Reply to
Jedi Router

I searched for a combined oscolliscope because as I read everywhere you dont see everything on a dso, and you can't capture long slowly variingsignals with an analog scope... so fluke (and philips) used to make combiscope, but are not sold anymore. hameg still makes combiscopes (hm1507 is in your price range)

others make very powerfull dso using color techniques to try to show with a dso what analog scopes show easily...but these are over 5000 euros most of the time...

some people tested cheap dso on this newsgroup, and reported to have a lot of errors, bugs of firmware with them...

so ?

I bought a used fluke pm3394 on ebay for less than 1000 euros, shipping from usa and vat included....combiscope 4 x 200MHz analog and digital and i'm very happy with it... I waited for it quite a year...

if you can't wait buy the hameg...it's still a good choice.

regards.

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to

Hi Rick,

I can confirm what Jean-Yves wrote. The Hameg scoops are good instruments for that price. Philips Combi-scope is better but new price now would be 5-10 times higher. But for the Hameg scoop you can buy parts and there is no support from Fluke for all the nice instruments Philips made. (except the scope meter)

Regards, Kees

Reply to
KC