Inverter for Laptop

I need a 12v dc to 110 ac inverter for my laptop. Are there special inverters for this purpose or will a run of the mill 100w inverter do?

Thanks

Reply to
mike

cheapest way to go is a good old inverter. Be sure it will handle the current (wattage)

Frank

snipped-for-privacy@nospan.com wrote:

Reply to
Frank S.

Mike-

Many inverters claim to have a "modified sine wave" waveform. If you get one that does, it will most likely work with no problem.

I've seen low power inverters that had a built-in lighter plug. If you get one like that, be sure your vehicle has room around the lighter socket for such a device. An inverter that comes with a 12 volt cord might also be capable of delivering more power, which wouldn't hurt.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie