HP 54542A battery

The internal lithium battery on my HP54542A digital scope died. I replaced the battery and the scope powers up again, but needs cal. I have the service manual and the calibration instructions don't mention changing the battery. Is there any special procedure that I need to do to calibrate this scope beyond what is listed in the manual (due to the lost memory contents)?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
BobH

Bob,

Have you looked at the discussion in sci.electronics.repair titled:

HP 54540A scope, any hope of repair ?

The procedure in the manual for recalibration works fine, although I did have to run it twice as one adc was outside limits the first time round.

I have been using the 'scope regularly since I replaced the Li cell without any problems.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

John, No, I had nod seen that discussion, I will look for it.

Thanks for the info, Bob

Reply to
BobH

I followed the Cal instructions in the manual I got from Agilent's web site and it looks like everything is good! All tests pass and proofing against my DVM shows that the two match very closely fo DC voltage tests. It's Alive!

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
BobH