H-P 4800A lamp module info?

For some years I've had an HP 4800A low-frequency vector impedance meter, which has been a very handy piece of equipment. One day, I turned it on only to discover that something had died. A bit of troubleshooting led me to a green, potted assembly on the oscillator board which contains three miniature incandescent lamps. One of them (at least) was open-circuit.

The HP manual identifies this green cube only as A16E1, p/n 5080-1718 "Lamp Assembly". No clue is given about the contents.

Now, I did pick up a couple types of small lamps (the kind that look like #327 only with wire leads) and using these in series with some resistors, I sort-of brought the unit back to life. But I'm very skeptical about the accuracy, given that my primitive fix must be nowhere near whatever the original parts were.

Is there a chance that someone might know the actual lamp type numbers that the 5080-1718 assembly contained?

Thanks for all suggestions. Brian Aase

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Brian A