GSM send/recieve unit

Hi, I am currently interested in creating a car alarm that can send/ recieve SMS. I know it has been done to death but I am going to integrate it with a cheap GPS reciever and Google maps to provide a cheap (as cheap as the network provider) on demand tracking service.

Basically I have found a cheap GPS reciever but I havent found a unit that might be able to do the GSM stuff. I would be controlling it with a cheap microcontroller so hopefully it could handle itself pretty well.

Anyway thanks for any advice, and sorry if I am too vague, basically a link or two to places that might sell such things would be a great help.

Reply to
icecold.ivan

On Mar 12, 1:28 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: Well search is my freind:

anything other options that people know about?

Reply to
icecold.ivan

Sparkfun has some nice products. You might have better luck getting responses if you post into sci.electronics.basics and sci.electronics.design. They tend to have more activity. Also comp.arch.embedded is a good newsgroup for microcontroller based projects.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Thanks anthony!

Reply to