GPIB Connection Problem,Can you help me?

I have HP3456A and 3458A Multimeters. The AD card is AX5488, They worked very well before I moved their positioin. I checked the connection cable and I found that the 3456A worked well when it was connected to computer directly, but it did not work when connected with

3458A ,even the 3458A was closed . Other devices connected to 3458A have the SYNTAX ERROR, include 3458A itself. The program did not change and worked well before I have moved them. Did you meet the problem and How to deal with this problem? Thank you!
Reply to
wangsq

It seems there are two possible failures:

1) the HP-IB cable connected to the 3458A has a data bus wire shorted to ground, or to another data/control bus wire 2) the 3458A HP-IB interface has a shorted data bus pin, either because a contact in the connector became displaced, or because of a fried bus transreceiver.

Try the 3458A ALONE, connecting it with the cable used with the 3456A (which is known to be good). If the problem vanishes, then it's 1), otherwise is 2) which means that either you find a displaced pin in the HP-IB connector, or you have to open the 3458A, locate a SN75160A close to the HP-IB connector, and change it.

SeeYa!

Andrea

Reply to
Andrea

Thank you for your detailed help! I checked all the cable, they were all good. I found there were many pin were shorted to Gnd when connected to

3458A, but the pin's status in Keithly 2400 was like in 3458A, but in 3456A, they separated each other. The two device(2400,3456) both worked well. I have confused . So I want to ask, Are all the pins in connecor separate each other? May be I should replace the SN75160. Thank you again!
Reply to
mof

By the way , how can I test SN75160?

Reply to