FS:TDS220 SCOPE

TEKTRONIX TDS220 SCOPE 1000$ OBO.

Reply to
Erwin Thomas

"Erwin Thomas" wrote in news:e3b6nk$gsr$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tamu.edu:

It sold originally for ~$1100,why would anyone in their right mind pay a grand now,after it's obsolete? I suspect TEK does not even repair them anymore.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Right Jim, even Tektronix Germany simply recommends to buy a TDS1xxx when the TDS2xx is send in for repair.

But the used TDS2xx still are sold for fabulous prices. I check ebay from time to time, and I always wonder why people pay so much for a product with no chance of factory repair, no warranty -- instead of buying a brandnew one with all the benefits.

I get so many private emails from people who desperately look for a repair possibilty - and when TDS2xx is mentioned, all I can tell them: Sorry, well known fault, no hope for cure or repair.

Examples are: dim back lights, noisy frontend, total failure, etc.

cnr, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Tekman

Reply to
Erwin Thomas

Hi Erwin,

This has to be read correctly that way: A number of companies offers the old, used, refurbished TDS220 scopes and are asking for 1000+ USD.

But rarely one buys for this price. No serious buyer would buy an obsolete, no_factory-repair, out-of-service scope when he gets a brandnew TDS1xxx with more features, same BW and full warranty for the price comparable to your offer.

Good luck Erwin, and please leave a note here when you have solfd your tds220

scnr, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Tekman

Good point, Ill reduce my asking price to 750$ OBO.

Reply to
Erwin Thomas