A technical Q about video on a TV program.

This involves what I think is one camera on the O'reilly program.

For many weeks now I have noticed a yellow shading around O'reilly's head. I have it on two of my TVs, hmm, I'll check my third tonight. Last night he was in a different studio and it was not there, although he had a previously recorded block and I saw it.

I also have noticed this on The Five, but again only one camera and that would be the one pointed at Greg Gutfeld. A yellow cast to the left side of his face. (could they use the same camera?) I sent one letter to them several weeks ago with no response.

Does any one else see this?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I was going to say I'd look, but O'Reilly usually has a substitute on Friday's.

What I have noticed from time to time is that he looks overly tanned... orange-cast, almost like that old-style chemical paint-on tanning stuff ;-)

Maybe that's what you're seeing? ...Jim Thompson

The George Hamilton Sun Care System?

Martin Riddle

Yep >:-] ...Jim Thompson

No, it's a yellow cast to just the left side of his face. Possibly even a bad light on that side that has extra yellow . Just one of those things that has bugged me. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

On the LEFT side? Maybe it's a political problem >:-] ...Jim Thompson

That isn't a yellow shading, but rather mustard colored. It is an aura. Details of the mustard colored aura are found here:

"Sulfur (color of a mustard): pain or lack of ease, anger"

Pain? Yes, the show is painful to watch. Anger? Hell, the guy is always frothing at the mouth.

This all makes perfect sense.

Reply to
miso

That would be his halo. All right-wingers have 'em.

Reply to
mpm

O'reilly is on now, I have checked all 3 of the TVs in my house, they all have a yellow cast on the left side of his face. Does anyone see it. Could it be something in the system locally? I don't see how as it only affects his face. :-!

Reply to
amdx

Nope. The left side is as blue as blue gets.

Perhaps in your distribution system?

Reply to
krw

Does any one else see this? >> >> Mikek >> > > O'reilly is on now, I have checked all 3 of the TVs in my house, >they all have a yellow cast on the left side of his face.

are these digital TVs or old analog TVs?

in old anlog TVs, if the RGB video signals don't have flat response down to DC, then something like this can happen....think AC coupling and tilt on a square wave.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

Here's a picture of what I see on all 3 of the TVs in my home. Two digital and one analog CRT. The only time I see this is on Oreilly's program and his face only, and on The Five, but only on Gutfelds face.

You might see a little tint to Carville, but that was just in that particular shot.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Frequency response is not flat - as mentioned by others.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Looks like it might be an artifact of "chroma keying", or whatever they use for background superimposition these days.

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)

Were that the case, I think I would have seen it too. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Ok, so no one said, "I see it too!" So it is something on my end, but it's not the TV, because I have 3 different TV's, all with the same symptom. It seems so odd, because it is only on two programs and the face of two people, not on any other shows or channels. Guess I'll just have to start watching MSNBC. Nah! Mikek

Reply to
amdx