Cheap Discriminator Box...off the shelf?

Can anyone recommend to me a relatively cheap (price < $1K) off-the-shelf discriminator box with variable threshold (10 mv - 100 mV threshold)?

For my application, I need something pretty fast (1 microsec rise time on the input signal, so at least better than MHz fast) and a TTL output. Ideally, it would have a single BNC input and output and be plug-n-play.

Other than variable threshold, I don't need any fancy bells-n-whistles. The simpler the better. After several days of searching, most of the fast discriminators I am finding are too fancy (nanosec rise signals, etc.), too sensitive (1 mV threshold), and too expensive ($1K+).

Thanks in advance for the help!

--E_N

Reply to
Electro Novice