Canon MD350 floppy drive info needed

I have a piece of equipment with a defective Canon MD350 3 1/2" floppy drive. I need some information on interpreting the jumper settings to help in my search for a replacement drive. The jumper plugs are marked and jumpered as shown below.

A S S S S S H H 3 2 1 0 o o o--o o o | | o o o o o o

thanks in advance, Bob

Reply to
bob385

1) I have modified the drawing slightly to conform with expected layout (courier or other mono-spacing font). 2) Most drives have places for jumpers labelled like: DS0, DS1, DS2 (and optionally DS3); it is DS1 that must always be jumpered (reasons are wierdness from IBM "techs" not knowing how to count from zero, and desire to have everything the same - hence that and the partial "twist" in the FDC cable). Some drives may have "equivalent" labelling like: D0, D1, D2, D3. 3) There may be other jumper positions nearby and/or in other areas, and as long as *nobody* has fiddled with them, all jumpers will be in the correct places. 4) The given pattern above: S0, S1, S2, S3 appears to be a variant of D0, D1, D2, D3 - BUT if that dashed line is a junper, it is in the wrong place, and should be:

A S S S S S H H 3 2 1 0 o o o o o o | o o o o o o

5) Nearby and close(r) to the connector for the floppy controller cable, one should find a resistor pack; in older drives may be a Single Inline Package (SIP) usually 9 pins if SIP - this is for logic line pullups. Modern drives may use discrete surface mount resistors for that function and be scattered on the PCB and so unrecognizable as to function.
Reply to
Robert Baer