Jumper settings for Teac 3.5" floppy drive

I'm trying to repair an audio sampler (Akai S-1100) for a friend as his disk drive stopped working, but I can't figure out the jumper settings. Unfortunately it's not a standard PC setup.

The existing drive was a Teac FD-235HF (model 270), and he's taken another FD-235HF (a different model version, this one being 4291). The jumpers are marked differently and are not the same amount either. I've looked up Teac's website for info, but you need to be an engineer to understand any of that stuff!

Anyway, this was the setting of the "old" (and broken) model 270 which came with the sampler and worked for years (meaning that the jumper settings are of course correct):

x x HH0 x x 0P x--x LH1 x x HH1 x x D1 x--x D0 x x FG

Now, here's the "new" drive's jumpers and markings:

x x E x x D | HA x x C

x x B | DS1 x x A

The jumpers for this model are explained at the follwing Teac website:

and:

And here for some additional overall info for those Teac drives:

Now, I've changed the default drive 1 (drive A on PCs) to drive 0 as it should be for this sampler according to the following website which explains what is needed for this sampler:

... but it's still not working as it should, so could someone sort out the confusion and tell me which jumpers to join in order to make the "new" drive act as the "old" one?

Hallvard

Reply to
Hallvard Tangeraas