floppy drive emulator hardware usb or sdcard

I was looking on the internet for the HARDWARE-replacement of old 3"1/2 floppy drives in PC's running CDOS, version 1988, or PS/2-PC's, using MS-DOS NOT Y2000K, date set < y2000 still used as programming terminals in the industry.

( CDOS = Concurrent Dos, PS/2-PC is a dos-terminal in a public room, the previous PC did disappear some night )

We have plenty of problems to read the floppies, because the quality of both

- floppy drives

- floppies is going down. Also new floppies sold in the shop are often a problem ..

If anyone knows hardware that can replaces a 1.44 Mb floppy drive in the old PC's =< Pentium 2 PC's ?

I would like to put my SD-Card or USB-stick in the front-panel on the PC, and read or write it as if it is the second floppy drive B.

Is the next thing the only solution for my problem ?

= = = = i found only this project on the internet :

jan 2008 don't plan anymore to manufacture and sell this Floppy Emulator :-(.

the developer on his french website says that a limited production is going on ..

Dernière minute: Une fabrication d'une petite série de la version USB de l'emulateur est en cours de préparation. Pour en profiter inscrivez-vous sur le forum.

18-03-2008: Un reportage sur ce projet a été réalisé et diffusé par la chaine NoLife ;-)
Reply to
alfons de wolf

On a sunny day (Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:53:41 +0200) it happened "alfons de wolf" wrote in :

One advice: Get a modern PC. Copy all your floppies to harddisk. Get a DVD burner. Burn to DVD.

As things are, expect no more then 10 years for any given format to persist and be readable. This means copy everything every x years or sooner. Digital copies have no losses, but old floppies become unreadable, as you found out.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

This appears to be what you are after

Yes, the website appears to just be in Chineese, you will have to email them I suppose

Bob

Reply to
bob9